28 Jun 13
AMERICAN JOURNALISTS VISIT EGUREN UGARTE
The Denominación de Origen Calificada Rioja brought together seven journalists specialized in wine, food and lifestyle.
Last thursday, june 27th, a group of seven journalists from several U.S. media traveled to our winery in Laguardia with the Denominación de Origen Calificada Rioja. The group was made up of:
– Thea Dwelle, from Luscious Lushes blog
– Pamela Heiligenthal, from Enobytes website and writer in OregonLive
– Madeline Puckette and Justin Hammack, from Wine Folly website.
– Jenny Miller, writer in Bon Appetit, New York Magazine, Food Republic…
– Eric Rosen, writer in Jetsetter, JustLuxe, The Points Guy…
– Alyssa Shelasky, from Apron Anxiety blog and writer in New York Magazine, Bon Appetit, Cosmo…
The weather was and our visitors could enjoy the breathtaking views of our vineyards from the hotel. In the tasting, led by oenologist Rocio Rodriguez, we saw the differences between Martín Cendoya and Dominio de Ugarte, two different styles of reserva. We also tasted the crianza and the gran reserva Cédula Real.
A glass of refreshing Ugarte Viura with a view of Sierra de Cantabria helped to regain strength after a visit to our more than 2 kilometers of underground cellars. Madeline Puckette liked especially our Niche-cask Club, an idea she hasn’t seen in any winery before.
During lunch at Restaurante Martín Cendoya was no lack of laughs and talks on all sorts of topics. Thea Dwelle was surprised by the taste of Cincuenta, our signature wine made from 100% Tempranillo. Victorino, founder and alma mater Eguren Ugarte, joined us for coffee, telling stories and singing some jotas that we translated into English with a little effort.
In short, we had a great day with such a funny group. We hope they come back soon!